Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Because the CoVid situation is very fluid and many people are drawing conclusions based on weak evidence, we urge Shared Learning members to stay calm.  Here is our current plan:

As noted on the cover page of the fall catalog, (1) affirmation of having full vaccination is required for attendance at classes held on-site; (2) our policy on face masks will be decided closer to the start of classes.

In addition, if circumstances change and we are forced to either switch some classes from “on-site” to “by Zoom” or “hybrid,” or to cancel them altogether we will provide the option for paid-up members to change their course enrollments or withdraw from classes that have changed settings.  If all of their chosen classes have changed, they will have the option of either receiving a reimbursement of their membership fee for the year or postponing consideration of that option until the Winter term’s classes are announced.

Any decision to switch some classes away from “on-site” or to cancel them will be made as close to the start of classes as possible.  Currently, we are listening to moderators’ thoughts and will ask them at the end of August for any changes they wish to make.  Members will then have four days in early September to make changes to their enrollments and/or cancel their registration for the academic year.

The reason for the limited time is to wait until more is known about the incidence and severity of illness to vaccinated individuals and to consider some creative ways to continue to offer our Fall courses.